Saturday, September 5, 2009

Help me blow my first paycheck

I have recently come into what we in the business call a "job." It comes with a "paycheck." As such, I suddenly have money, and now I desperately want to spend money.

And what better to spend it on than Olympics paraphernalia? I ask you, what better? Rent, you say? Well, you're right. But still, I can look, right?

[I went to go look up Olympics related items on eBay. I returned to this blog post 30 minutes later with only this to show for it.]

Oh man, never ever search "izzy atlanta" on ebay. I say this for a few reasons.
  1. There lies only madness.
  2. They can barely give this stuff away.
  3. You could buy an Izzy pin, an Izzy plush, AND an Izzy holographic equestrian postcard with a five dollar bill and get change back. (Okay, so purchasing things online requires a credit card, and that's not counting shipping. But still.)
  4. I can't LOOK AWAY.
  5. I do not need any items with Izzy on them, let alone three at once.
  6. I will never get those 30 minutes back.

Only $1.25? For four pins? No way!

Other things I could purchase:

A collage from Etsy! Homemade! $10!

Water cube fountain pen? Ridiculously expensive? Yes. $159.99

A Five Rings key chain! Also from Etsy. $5

I need to stop looking or else I really will buy stupid things. In the meantime, do you have suggestions?

No comments: